Last update: 01/06/2011
The following words and expressions beginning with a capital letter will have the following meanings:
The "Applications": are the digital contents that Withings offers to the User for consultation or download. This software has been developed by Withings. These Applications support the Service;
The "Account": is a strictly personal space created by the User when registering on the Site, enabling him to access the Service;
The "Personal Data": are all the information concerning the User as a natural person which he provides voluntarily when opening an Account, or which the Service Provider collects as part of use of the Service, use of the Products, or browsing on the Site by the User. This information, whatever its nature, allows the Service Provider to identify the User, directly or not.
The "Interface": is a remote display making it possible to utilise all of the Product's functions;
The "Smartphone": is a latest-generation intelligent mobile telephone;
The "Product": is the "Body Scale" online object or the "Blood Pressure Monitor" online object or the "Babyphone" online object;
The "Service Provider" or "Withings" or "we/us": is Withings, the company that provides the Service;
The "Service": is (i) the platform allowing access to the Product interface via certain Smartphones, or (ii) the platform allowing access to the Product interface via the Site, or (iii) the platform making it possible to obtain software to be integrated into the Product, or (iv) the platform allowing installation of the Product from a computer, or (v) the platform allowing access to the Site;
The "Site": is the Web site http://www.withings.com;
The "User" or "You": is the person registered on the Site who uses the Service.
Protection of Personal Data according to law
The collection and processing of the Personal Data, done when you browse the Site or use the Service or the Products, are carried out according to Law 78-17 of 6 January 1978 relating to information technology, files and freedoms, known as the "Information Technology and Freedoms Act." Withings has declared to the CNIL, the French Data Protection Authority, that it processes personal data (number: 1312101).
You have the right to access, amend, correct and eliminate data concerning you at any time. To exercise this right, you need only send your request by post to the address of Withings' registered office:
20 rue Rouget de Lisle
92130 ISSY LES MOULINEAUX
The Personal Data that we collect
When the User interacts with Withings through the Services or the Site, Withings may collect Personal Data and other information, as detailed below:
- Personal Data upon registration: Withings collects Personal Data when you create an Account on the Site. Aside from at the time of purchase of a Product on the Site, the Service Provider does not collect information on credit card numbers or other financial information.
- Personal Data when using the Service and Products: When you use the Service or the Products, the Service Provider collects Personal Data. For example, use of the online body scale leads to the collection of weight data and body mass indicators; use of the online blood pressure monitor sets off the collection of arterial pressure data; use of the online babyphone leads to the collection of environmental data (room temperature and humidity).
- By voluntarily providing Personal Data to the Service Provider, the User agrees to their use in compliance with the present document. If the User provides Personal Data, he agrees that this information may be transferred outside his country of residence.
Use of Personal Data and other information
Withings uses the Personal Data that you provide in compliance with these privacy rules. The Service Provider may therefore use the Personal Data within the context of this document, and in particular without restriction in the following contexts:
- Supply of the Service: The Service Provider will use your Personal Data in order to provide the User with access to and use of the Service;
- Surveys, contests and events: From time to time, the Service Provider may offer Users the opportunity to participate in surveys, contests and other events. When choosing to participate, the User must provide the Service Provider with certain Personal Data;
- Contact in regard to new Products or Services: From time to time, Withings may contact the User in order to announce the release of its new Products or Services;
- Contact regarding special offers from Withings: If the User has so chosen when registering, the Service Provider may contact him in order to introduce special offers from Withings;
- Contact regarding Withings' partners: If the User has so chosen when registering, the Service Provider may contact him in order to introduce Withings' partners;
- Service improvement: The Service Provider may utilise Personal Data, aggregate Personal Data, or non-personal information collected during use of the Site, in order to improve the Service, the Products or the Site;
- Sharing with third parties at the User's initiative: As part of the Services offered, Withings allows optional sharing of the Personal Data with partner service providers. This sharing is exclusively at the User's initiative and involves the Users agreeing to let the third-party provider access his Personal Data. Use of the Personal Data by the third-party supplier is entirely the responsibility of the supplier and the User. Withings declines any liability for same.
The personal data collected by Withings are protected by physical and logical security measures and are not communicated to unauthorised persons.
Changes to the privacy rules
The Service Provider reserves the right to modify all or part of the Service's Privacy Rules without notice. Use of the Service by the User constitutes full and complete acceptance of any changes made to these Privacy Rules. If you have any question whatsoever concerning Withings' Privacy Rules, do not hesitate to contact us: privacy (at) withings.com